Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday YouTube Treat

Good morning energy blogosphere. My post today will be short and sweet. Yesterday I visited a BG&E distribution training center (where they train the people who go out into neighborhoods to put up or repair electric wires). Besides being a national leader in smart grid pilot programs, they have a really well-oiled training system. They show this video to all of their trainees to let them know what happens when multiple things go wrong:


I'll let you mull it over this weekend on what might have caused such a light show, and post an explanation on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I peeked so I know the real answer, but I'm gonna guess squirrel in the transformer anyway, because its ALWAYS a squirrel in the transformer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is my high school chemistry teacher in the trees there burning massive chunks of magnesium?

    ReplyDelete